Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cal Expo: Getter Queen Flush gets her done
Getter Queen Flush gets her done  
By Mark Ratzky, publicity – Cal Expo Harness

Getter Queen Flush is coming off back-to-back solid efforts while joining forces with pilot Steve Wiseman for the first time, the most recent resulting in a head victory last weekend.

The 6-year-old pacing daughter of Jk Royal Flush is owned by Geoge Reider, Dave and Rob Haness and Richard Thomas with Reider doing the training. She set her lifetime mark of 1:53 1/5 here in February with Mooney Svendsen in the bike.

Two starts back, Getter Queen Flush ended up in a tough spot at the back of the pack early and found herself with too much to do in the lane while eventually finishing second, then had clear sailing in last week’s tour and prevailed as the 3-5 favorite.

“I was driving her for the first time two weeks ago and I outthought myself and got her locked in,” Wiseman related. “This last mile we got a good trip and she dug in after that horse got past her nearing the wire.”

As for Reider, he’s became a real fan of this hard-knocking performer. “There isn’t anything I don’t like about this mare,” he noted. “She’s a pleasure to be around and she tries hard every time.”

George also noted that Getter Queen Flush didn’t know what a carrot or an apple was when she came to his barn, “But now she’s a carrot and apple eating machine.”

She’s also turned into quite a machine over the Cal Expo layout, posing for snapshots following four of her 12 races on the year. Will she add to that total in the coming weeks? Stay tuned.